Sunday, November 9, 2008

~ Warm Madam Hasnah ~

“ God, I can’t anymore.. Words fail me.. I don’t know how to describe the pain.. It’s so powerful.. It’s beyond me at the moment.. It’s all stronger than me.. I don’t know from where to start or how to describe this..and I just can’t fight my tears.. “


Friends, if you’re reading this, please try to pull yourself together..

Well, it’s Madam Hasnah. Madam Hasnah is an extremely devoted teacher.. A very warm woman.. She never taught me.. In the school I graduated from she taught.. She taught my brother and touched him in a way that no other teacher did.. When I was in high school, I remember her befriending me and giving me all those girly li’l advises secretly.. She’d always leave me with this peaceful feeling that I hardly felt with anyone else.. After years, I used to see her in the mosque.. She’d always tell me what a special girl I am and how proud she is of me.. She used to tease her girls around by praising me and wishing they’d be like me someday..

I ever taught in SMKKM as a part-timer teacher for only one month (2005). During that month, Madam Hasnah used to call me and ask me to sit with her in that room and whisper all beautiful things to my ears.. A couple of days before leaving MY school, she wrote me this beautiful supplication and asked me to always recite it and keep her in my prayers.. I promised her that and took this li’l paper and stuck it on my bed and I read it almost every night before sleeping.. Ever since I left the school, she’d send me a message on my cell every now and then and by mistake send it to strangers and tell me how much she hates technology..  I remember once, she was sending me do’a that she especially wrote for me and by mistake sent it to a man.. That man called her and asked her who’s this Nadiah you’re so much in love with.. She told him accept that do’a and pray for Nadiah:)

Just today, my friend called me and told me that she’s left this earthly life, after two weeks of testes and shocks of suddenly discovering this sickening cancer that has spread and weakened her whole body.. I hope that brief pain she had wiped off her sins.. And no, I won’t call this a loss.. She’s not a loss.. She’s living in hundreds and hundreds of beating hearts.. Madam Hasnah is and will always be in my prayers.. I’ll never forget her hugs.. Her body was petite, but her hugs were very strong squeezes that’d get to your soul and nourish it with strong bright light…

I'm glad that the last image I have of her was that last time I met her in the mosque.. Little did I know that was the last glimpse.. Last hug.. Last goodbye.. :(

What even made things harder for me today, is that some other sad news were delivered to me.. My friend told me, Madam Hasnah has a very sick mother.. She’s been suffering from cancer for a number of years now.. And lately, it’s been discovered that it has spread and reached her spinal cord.. This mother is one of the strongest women I’ve ever met.. She’d be in pain and tears would roll down her cheeks without a sound.. But for the past two weeks, the pain has grown so much, to the limit that causes her to scream almost continuously..

Whoever may be reading this, please, please, please do remember these two souls and pray for them and ask Allah to grant them peace.. We never know what might happen to us, or to our beloved ones this very next instant… so, just pray!

No comments: